5 Reasons Why We Are Rooting For Zaira Wasim’s Secret Superstar
Dangal star Zaira Wasim was recently embroiled in a controversy where she got trolled extensively after her meeting with Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti. She later had to issue an apology stating how she does not want to be seen as a role model for the Kashmiri youth. She wrote how, “I’m not proud of what I’m doing and I want everyone, especially the youth to know that there are real role models out there whether they be in this time or in our history”, referring to the unrest the state has been facing over the past six months.
Thankfully, Bollywood came to her defense including actor Aamir Khan and former J & K Chief Minister Omar Abdullah, who tweeted in support of the Dangal actress.
We wish this controversy ends real soon and the focus is redirected towards her next release. And here are 5 reasons why we’re rooting for Zaira Wasim’s next film and how it’s going to set another box office record.
- After enthralling us in Dangal, where she played the younger version of Geeta Phogat, Zaira will next be seen in Aamir’s Secret Superstar where she plays a budding musician.
- For all those who didn’t know, this is the first time Mr. Perfectionist has cast an actor in two back-to-back films.
- Did you know? She is only 16 years old. At this age, we were probably wondering what to do with our lives.
- As many as 5000 girls auditioned for the role of Secret Superstar but Zaira’s ability to sing was what worked in her favour.
- The very fact that a girl so young can speak about women empowerment to a leading daily, while maintaining a poised demeanour is why we think she is the next big thing in Bollywood. The industry needs more actors like her who can speak their mind. More power to her!