Graphic designer, fashion influencer, writer: Rashpal Amrit wears many hats, and you can trust that they’re all trés mode. The Londonbased Instagrammer (@styleandstylus) and generally well-dressed bloke gives us the lowdown on what it takes to be a dapper chap.
- I started becoming interested in clothes in my teens, more so through sneakers such as Nike and adidas. Calvin Klein and Tommy Hilfiger also were the brands I looked up to.
- My style is minimal and quirky, with a classic touch.
- My daily work style changes year on year, but my go-to look at the moment is a tailored jogger/ trouser with an Oxford shirt and clean sneakers. I like to keep it minimal, but still have a style edge.
- I am really loving the latest suit collections from Moss Bros, this season’s party season being a standout. I also love what Noose & Monkey are doing with their twist on tailoring.
- As far as shoes are concerned, I am a huge fan of Grenson, the British shoe company that produces handmade shoes with a quirky twist.
- I am loyal to retail brands more so than designers, with ASOS, Topman and River Island being my favourites.
- Personal favourites are my Alexander McQueen trainers, which have great minimal styling and work great with a casual look or when paired with a suit.
- I like style influencers and bloggers who have a healthy balance of fashion, lifestyle and travel. Mathew Zorpas(@matthewzorpas) and Q Mike (@qmike) really embody that ethos.
- A gentleman, first and foremost, should be suave and sophisticated, but not afraid to be brave and bold with style choices when need be.