Sex In The Times Of Covid-19: To Do Or Not To Do
The COVID-19 pandemic has caused people massive distress with thousands of deaths being reported worldwide. By now, you already know about the coronavirus and its pertinent that you know how to take care of yourself.
Here is what the WHO recommends:
Wash your hands frequently
Regularly and thoroughly clean your hands with an alcohol-based hand rub or wash them with soap and water.
Why? Washing your hands with soap and water or using alcohol-based hand rub kills viruses that may be on your hands.
Maintain social distancing
Maintain at least 1 metre (3 feet) distance between yourself and anyone who is coughing or sneezing.
Why? When someone coughs or sneezes they spray small liquid droplets from their nose or mouth which may contain the virus. If you are too close, you can breathe in the droplets, including the COVID-19 virus if the person coughing has the disease.
Read that again.
Social distancing also means no sex or sex only with your partner whom you are in isolation with.
While there aren’t any official Indian health memos going around regarding sex during the times of COVID-19, you can take note from NYC Health Department’s sex memo that has gone viral on social media.
Now, COVID-19 has been found in the faeces of people who are infected with the virus but so far, COVID-19 hasn’t been found in semen or vaginal fluid.
- That being said, you are your safest sex partner. Masturbation will not spread COVID-19 especially if you clean your hands thoroughly before and after for at least 20 seconds.
- It goes without saying that orgies should be avoided.
- Kissing can easily pass COVID-19 and so can rimming or ‘eating ass’, if we are to be vulgar.
- Condoms are your best friend, as usual.
- Always remember to wash your sex toys with soap and warm water.
Here’s the full memo:
“You are your safest sex partner” — obsessed with NYC’s guide to sex during corona pic.twitter.com/xuKRzD0Jhw
— Chrissy Rutherford (@chrissyford) March 21, 2020