For the first time since the Coronavirus outbreak started, China has reported no domestic new cases of the virus, according to The Guardian.
Wuhan was where the outbreak first took place but Chinese authorities said on Thursday that all 34 new cases recorded over the previous day had been imported from abroad.
“Today we have seen the dawn after so many days of hard effort,” said Jiao Yahui, a senior inspector at the National Health Commission.
On Wednesday officials in Hubei’s Wuhan city, where the pandemic began late last year, lifted off certain restrictions, which will allow people in residential compounds to leave their homes to conduct individual personal activities within the grounds, at certain times of the day.
The virus started to spread in December in the industrial hub of Wuhan in central China. It has since infected more than 200,000 people and caused more than 8,000 casualties worldwide, according to the World Health Organization.