Paul & Shark’s Andrea Dini Discloses His Style Secrets
Andrea Dini President & CEO of Paul & Shark talks to MW about his fascination with the Indian fashion industry and a passion for quality.
President and CEO of Paul & Shark, Andrea Dini talks to MW about wearable technology being his favourite fashion trend, his fascination with the Indian fashion industry and a passion for quality.
- The fashion trend I like the most is wearable technology. In a super connected world, I believe that a non-intrusive wearable technology is going to be extremely trendy, and not only with garments that you use during active sports. Even garments that you use at work or when travelling could monitor your body performance, or simply display on optical fibres woven into your jacket your incoming mails.
- A trend that I hate the most is long pants rolled up above the ankle. I truly believe that only women’s ankles are worth seeing.
- My favourite international designers are Watanabe and Tom Ford. They are different, but both are super advanced in their collections.
- I am fascinated by the Indian fashion industry, but I am not familiar with any specific designer/s.
- I love to collect watches, in particular chronographs. Maybe it’s because time goes so fast — with a chronograph, I feel like I can control time. Unfortunately, I can’t!
- The garment I would like to add to my closet now is a white linen shirt. I have rediscovered this fabric. Thanks to new super fine linen yarns, today’s linen fabrics and consequently linen shirts are lighter, softer and they really are the best shirts to wear in hot and humid climates.
- My sense of style is understated, timeless and with a passion for quality. Understated because this is the only style that makes me comfortable, at different events. Timeless because I think that real style never becomes out of style. After all, fashion is all about reinventing. Passion for quality. because there is no style without quality, or maybe there is no real quality without style.
- My favourite shopping destination is Toronto. There are a couple of department stores there, like Harry Rosen and Holt Renfrew, whose interpretation of men’s fashion I like a lot.
- The last thing I added to my wardrobe was a Paul & Shark Typhoon jacket from the S/ S16 collection. I had to travel to India, and although it was still not the rainy season, who knows about rainshowers? The typhoon technology is one of several patented technologies that we use to produce our garments. This one in particular is nanotechnolgy used to make fabrics waterproof and breathable.
- For an evening about town, I would wear a white shirt, navy blazer and blue supima chinos. A white shirt because it is both elegant and sporty, a navy blazer because depending on the event it could be both elegant and sporty, and blue supima chinos because I love the soft supima cotton feel.
- The most expensive item that I recently added to my wardrobe was a fully mink lined jacket. It’s discreet from the outside but super luxurious on the inside.
- I don’t have any favourite fragrances, simply because I don’t use them.