Model and actor Diana Penty has some style advice for all the men out there and here is her take on how to look good.
- Denims are the most versatile piece of garment you can own. Dress it up, dress it down, wear it to a brunch, or team it with a good jacket and shirt for a formal occasion.
- Even if you are inspired by someone, ensure you are individualistic in your dressing. Put things together and see if they work well.
- Bespoke is the way to go if you are looking at adding quality to your wardrobe.
- Attitude is everything, in style and in life. You also dress according to your age and the job you do – if you are an industrialist or in the luxury business, formal attire is expected of you.
- Potential mates are neither impressed nor turned on by men in sandals, so suit up.
- A well-tailored suit looks best on a man. And a good watch, classy and understated, as opposed to flashy and statement-oriented.
- No man can look bad in a charcoal grey V-neck jumper with a white T-shirt underneath, worn with dark-wash jeans.
- Never wear a shirt with short sleeves. It is too 1920s, too government officer like.
- Make sure shirts are pristine white, keep clothes well-ironed and well looked after. Take a considered approach to details – a bad pair of socks or cheap jewellery can undo all your hard work in an instant.
- Men look best when they appear like they haven’t tried too hard.
Diana Penty is a model and an actor who made her acting debut in Homi Adajania’s romantic comedy, Cocktail, also featuring Deepika Padukone and Saif Ali Khan. Currently, Diana Penty is the brand ambasador of TRESemme and Micromax mobile.