MWStyleTip: An Ultimate Style Guide To Pairing Your Sneakers
The humble gym shoe has outgrown its youth-culture to not only become a fashion accessory, but also a staple for fashion-forward men.
Here’s the right pair for every outfit — some you’ve never thought of:
- Inject some cutting-edge appeal into your wardrobe with a pair of chunky sneakers with contrasting details. This modern-day sneaker will add instant style points to any outfit.
Jacket and trousers by Paul Smith
Jumper and sneakers by Dior Homme
- The trick to styling a pair of bold trainers is to play down the rest of the look. Stick to monotone ensembles and small prints.
Bomber jacket by Dior Homme; T-shirt and trousers by Corneliani; Sneakers by Clarks
- This one’s not for the faint-hearted. A pair of uber-luxe sneakers in retro shades teamed up with statement clothing is the perfect way to stand out in the crowd.
Jumper and denims by Louis Vuitton; Sneakers by Christian Louboutin; Eyewear by Oakley
- There’s a reason why white sneakers have been around for decades — they’re truly classic. Keep the surrounding pieces simple and sleek. Think checkered trousers, graphic tees or something a little less formal.
T-shirt by Tommy Hilfiger; Trousers by Selected Homme; Sneakers by Numero Uno
- De-constructed suits teamed up with a pair of gym trainers in complementing tones is a stroke of genius. This keeps the look casual enough to not have you look overdressed and stylish enough to wear for any occasion.
Blazer by Raymond; shirt by United Colors of Benetton; trousers by Selected Homme; sneakers by Adidas Originals; eyewear by Oakley
- A pair of black trainers is a must-have in every man’s wardrobe. Up your sneaker game by adding contrasting shoelaces. If the pop of colour is too much for you, keep the rest of the look minimal.
Shirt by Jack & Jones; Shorts by Calvin Klein; Sneakers by Bata
- Some pattern play can really add a fun, playful twist to the outfit. Mix the print with solid tones to keep them from competing.
Blazer and joggers by Narendra Kumar; T-shirt by Levi’s; Sneakers by Onitsuka Tiger
- Get a little creative with your outfit by slipping into offbeat pairings. Finish the look with a pair of multi-coloured sneakers to power up this outfit.
Jacket by Dhruv Vaish; Shirt by Rare Rabbit; Trousers by Trill by Prasoon Sharma; Sneakers by Westside
- For an off-duty look, wear a simple crew-neck tee with a pair of skinny denims. Complement the look with a pair of white striking high-tops to immediately dial up the wow factor of this ensemble.
T-shirt by Celio; Denims by Pepe Jeans; Gel-Triforce sneakers by ASICS
From top to bottom: GelQuantum 360 Knit 2; Gel-Nimbus 21; Gel-Nimbus 21; Upcourt sneakers by ASICS
Clockwise from top left: Gel-Court Speed, Dynaflyte 3 Rise-Bryte, GelQuantum 180 4, Upcourt Sneakers by ASICS
- Wear your running shoes with luxe sportswear mixed with tailored pieces for the perfect streetwear look.
Hoodie by Tommy Hilfiger; Trousers by Marks & Spencer; Gel-Quantum Infinity sneakers by ASICS
Photographed by Rohit Gupta
Art direction by Tanvi Shah
Fashion editor Neelangana Vasudeva
Hair & makeup by Jean-Claude Biguine
Talent – Ollimpius, TFM
Location courtesy – Abode boutique hotels, Mumbai