– Nothing works better than simplicity, especially for men. A fitted suit, classic blue denims, check shirts – these are style staples for men.
– Go to the gym or run. A good body is a modern man’s best armour.
– The best shirts are black, white, grey or beige. To throw in some colour, try accessories like ties or shoes.
– According to designer Donna Karan, every man should have seven essential pieces: A good pair of black pants, a great jacket, a white shirt, a tie, a smart cashmere sweater, a nice pair of jeans, and a piece in leather. These classics should find a place in every man’s wardrobe.
– The biggest fashion faux pas is trying too hard to appear trendy.
– Fashion is a way of communicating the person you are. So paying a bit of attention to the message you are sending out is imperative.
– As far as possible, never wear a visible logo. It makes you appear desperate to prove that you can afford to wear brands.
– Get rid of old clothes in your wardrobe that you no longer wear. Replenish regularly so that you can invest in pieces that are both trendy and classic.
– If you aren’t sure what to match coloured pants with, don’t wear them. Wearing them wrong will not make you look stylish.
– How you speak, sit, walk and interact with people reveals a lot about you as a person. Being well mannered and courteous is a huge part of being stylish.