Lakme Fashion Week Special: Masaba’s Take On How Men Should Dress
One of the most prestigious style events of the country, the Lakme Fashion Week brings together the most prominent faces of the fashion circuit, from across the globe. For the Spring/Summer Collection, ace designer Masaba has, this year, taken inspiration from works of Matthieu Venot, a French photographer, and Katrin Bremermann, who is a celebrated German artist. Her sought-after collection comprises modernised contemporary Indian handloom patterns on fabric.
So here is our throwback story where Masaba talks about how confidence reflects in your style and how one shouldn’t give in to pressure.
- Like women, men too feel the pressure to dress a certain way. Don’t give in to pressure or take criticism seriously, unless it makes sense.
- The more you travel, read, get familiar with the world of art, acquire a life beyond work, the more confident you are likely to be, and that confidence will reflect in your style.
- There is no reason why men can’t wear quirky prints. But it is essential to combine it right. If your jacket is printed, or you are donning a printed Patiala salwar for a formal occasion, ensure the rest of your look is minimal and basic.
- Most people judge you by what you wear. So a little attention to how you dress makes life much simpler, especially if you are in a job where image matters.
- A watch is not a bracelet. Wear it secured around your wrist and do not leave it hanging.
- A suit is best worn with formal tie-ups. Slip-on shoes are highly avoidable when you are wearing a suit, unless you are attempting a semi-casual look. Then, put on a blazer with formal trousers or a pair of denims, and finish the look with a crisp shirt.
- Cashmere stoles and Indian woven shawls are worth every penny you spend on them.
- If you are wearing a black suit, wear black shoes with it. But with a grey or a blue suit, tan or brown shoes always look better. Besides, the brown palette has an amazing range of colour.
- Pink as a colour makes a man take on a healthy glow; it also makes him comes across as a confident man.