“We Can Be Sexy And Not Be Asking For It” – Rasika Dugal
MW Staff 1 min read
Actress Rasika Dugal on feminism, ambition, society’s perceptions about women, and more.
- We do have a sense of humour.
- We know that we often get used as an excuse when men don’t want to be seen as uncool. For example, “I can’t meet for a drink, my girlfriend will kill me,” usually means he doesn’t want to go.
- Standing up for ourselves doesn’t mean we hate men.
- We can be sexy and not be ‘asking for it’.
- We can also be pretty and innocent, and not have marriage as the only thing on our minds.
- The way we look is not always the most important thing in our lives. So, you could try not commenting on it all the time.
- We are very good at making choices, if society gives us a chance.
- We are not afraid to say we are feminists, and that doesn’t mean we are uptight.
- Work is not just a hobby for us. Some of us are breadwinners. And even if we are not, we enjoy our work and are as ambitious (or not) as anyone else might be.
- We understand that all men don’t think like this — and that all women don’t either. For now, we are willing to blame it on a patriarchal society. Nothing personal!
#actor #Breadwinners #Feminism #Independent women #Men #Rasika Dugal #relationships #Rights #Strong women #What's new #women #working women