Bong Joon Ho’s Parasite saw a 300 percent rise in movie ticketing sales after it won the Academy Award this year and now it is proving to be a streaming monster as well.
According to a report in Indiewire, Parasite has become the most-streamed independent or foreign language film among all titles available on Hulu. What steals the cake is that it is also now the second most-watched movie overall on Hulu ever among titles currently available to stream.
Director Bong Joon Ho shot to fame overnight and now, the director has shared a list of films he’d like you to watch as you self-isolate yourself, according to Indiewire:
- “The 400 Blows,” Francois Truffaut
- “The Ballad of Narayama,” Keisuke Kinoshita
- “Being John Malkovich,” Spike Jonze
- A City of Sadness,” Hou Hsiao-Hsien
- “Cure,” Kiyoshi Kurosawa
- “Fanny and Alexander,” Ingmar Bergman
- “Deliverance,” John Boorman
- “Fargo,” Joel and Ethan Coe
- “The Great Escape,” John Sturges
- “The Housemaid,” Kim Ki-young
(Header credits: Wikimedia Commons)