Jennifer Lopez and Alex Rodriguez have finally broken their silence on their relationship and revealed that they have called it quits. After months of trying to mend the difference, the two have decided to part their ways. Jennifer Lopez and Alex Rodriguez have called off their engagement, and have released a joint statement regarding the same, exclusively to the Today show on Thursday (April 15).

Also Read: Jennifer Lopez, Alex Rodriguez Still Together, Here’s A Lookback At The Whole Fiasco

“We have realized we are better as friends and look forward to remaining so,” the couple said. “We will continue to work together and support each other on our shared businesses and projects. We wish the best for each other and one another’s children. Out of respect for them, the only other comment we have to say is thank you to everyone who has sent kind words and support,” read an excerpt of the statement.

Jennifer Lopez and Alex Rodriguez had been dating for four years, and decided to take the next big step and got engaged in 2019. Lopez and Rodriguez were also planning for a summer 2020 wedding, which got delayed because of the pandemic. The relationship was rock solid until recently when rumours surfaced online that Lopez might be having second thoughts about the relationship. JLo’s alleged decision came as a result of the cheating rumours between the baseball player and Southern Charm star Madison LeCroy that had surfaced online back in January 2020.

An earlier statement issued by A-Rod said, “All the reports are inaccurate. We are working through some things.”  A source had also revealed, “They are so connected both romantically as a couple, and as a family with their kids, and these rumours wouldn’t break that,” the source said. “Jennifer isn’t bothered and doesn’t care about the Alex and Madison rumours. She thinks it’s outside noise and trusts Alex. She’s so in love with him.” now, we wonder what went wrong after all.