In a HuffPost interview, a sexual assault survivor had stated that on the early hours of May 5, 2015, director Vikas Bahl had insisted on dropping her to her hotel room, pretended to pass out drunk on her bed and then masturbated on her. She also states that she had spoken to Kashyap about this in October of that year. “Whatever happened was wrong. We didn’t handle it well, we failed. I cannot blame anyone but myself,” Anurag Kashyap had told HuffPost. “But now we are determined to do better. We believe her completely. She has our undying support. What Bahl has done is horrifying. We are already on our path of course correction and will do everything in our capacity to fix it.”
Soon, Kashyap had announced that Phantom Films had been dissolved. Reports had then emerged that Bahl would no longer be working on the Hrithik Roshan starrer Super 30. While this had caused the team some grief during the post-production process, we hear that Kabir Khan is here to save the day. That’s right – according to a report in Bollywood Hungama, Khan will step in and complete the project.
“It is not a small thing for any renowned director to step in at his last hour to complete a film. But Kabir, who is already working on another big bio-pic ’86 for the same producers saw the gravity of the situation. Super 30 has so far shaped up into a finely-honed bio-pic. To leave it unfinished would be doing a disservice to the good work that Anand Kumar has been doing, and to the cause of aesthetic cinema as well,” a source told the entertainment website.