Indians Are Unaware Of The Right Fitness Gear To Wear, Suggests A Survey
When it comes down to it, shoes can make or…
When it comes down to it, shoes can make or break your working out experience. While it can be tempting to use the same pair of sneakers for all your walking, running, jogging and gym-going, it’s ideal to have a pair of shoes that you use just for the gym.
Here is a survey from Reebok that states the following:
- More than 80% workout at least every alternate day. However, 73% of that set own specific shoes for the gym.
- 71% of women use the same shoes for running as the gym, while overall at least 40% use separate pairs for gym from running.
- More than a third were not aware of the differences between running and gym shoes.
- Women were more likely to splurge on shoes in the 1k-5k category. However, men were more likely to buy shoes frequently than women.
- Experts agree that choosing the right shoes is as important as the workout itself. However, almost 36% of people are not aware or are not sure that running shoes are significantly different from gym shoes.
The responses from consumers across Delhi, Mumbai, and Bangalore showed that 65% of people are
aware of the difference between running and training shoes, yet when asked close to 60% of those people do not wear the right shoes to the gym. The fundamental reason behind this is that they are simply unaware of the effects that wrong gear can have to not just their optimal performance, but also their injury post working out.