31-year-old Saba Azad enjoys a massive fan following on Instagram with a community of over 101K followers.
Bollywood actor Hrithik Roshan has been grabbing headlines lately for his rumoured affair with actor-singer Saba Azad. The 48-year-old actor has been spotted with Saba walking hand-in-hand at the airport, after their dinner dates in Mumbai several times, which led to speculations about them dating each other. Saba recently made it to the family photo as Hrithik’s uncle Rajesh Roshan shared a picture from their family lunch. Here’s all that we know about Hrithik’s new lady love.
1. Her real name is Saba Singh Grewal.
2. She is the niece of India’s renowned theatre artist and communist playwright Safdar Hashmi.
3. Saba Azad began her acting career with her late uncle’s theatre group Jana Natya Manch in Delhi, where she worked with the likes of Habib Tanvir and MK Raina.
4. The 31-year-old actor moved to Mumbai from Delhi and acted in a two-man play directed by Makarand Deshpande staged at Prithvi Theatre.
5. Her first film stint was in a short film Guroor which was helmed by director Ishaan Nair.
6. She made her Bollywood debut in 2008 with Anil Senior’s Dil Kabaddi, which also starred Irrfan, Rahul Bose, and Soha Ali Khan.
7. Azad is a popular musician and singer in the Indian indie music scene and was also one half of the widely popular electronic band Madboy/Mink which she had started with actor and musician Imaad Shah in 2012.
8. Azad and Shah dated for seven years before calling it quits in 2010. They continue to work as music partners.
9. Azad started her own theatre company The Skins in 2010 and directed her first play Lovepuke which opened at NCPA’s experimental theatre in September 2010.
10. She recently starred in the web series Rocket Boys.
(Featured Image Credits: Instagram)