Lakme Fashion Week Special: Designer Pranav Mishra Talks About His Personal Style
The Lakme Fashion Week 2016 has begun where a total of 90 designers are set to display their collection, this season. The season will also see the debut of eleven models on the ramp during the five-day long fashion extravaganza. Celebrating the grand event, here is our interview with Pranav Mishra, ace designer and co-founder of Huemn, who talks about his personal style and how he never tries to fit in.
- In Bukowski’s words, “Style is the answer to everything. Not many have style, not many can keep style.” Having said that, I do not have an agenda while dressing up, except that when I get done, I should be able to face myself in the mirror.
- My personal style is to be at ease, it also serves as a healing device for when I am not in a good frame of mind, that is why I am dressed my best when I am at my worst in life.
- I never try to fit in, I could say I find it repulsive, and that is the only principle I follow while dressing up.
- Apart from my own label, Huemn, I like the work of Rei Kawakubo (Comme des Garçons), Riccardo Tisci (Givenchy), Yohji Yamamoto and Loewe.
- Every guy should own a perfume that is a good extension of his personality.
- Always keep your nails filed, get a regular pedicure, and ensure that your shoes are cleaner than your face.
- The next thing I’d like to buy is the Mercedes AMG GT S.
- When it comes to accessories, I mostly opt for leather or metallic pieces.
- I do not advise on following rules as they are a system of anarchy and can make you less creative. Rules are made to be broken, but you need to be aware of them, to be able to do so.