Tina Tahiliani Parikh Talks About Men’s Wardrobe Essentials
Deepali Nandwani 1 min read
Tina Tahiliani Parikh is the Director of Ensemble and the sister of ace designer Tarun Tahiliani. She talks to MW about how men can experiment with various styles and gives us some wardrobe tips for a casual outing.
- I believe in being natural, comfortable and elegant.
- I like modern spins on classics and love what many Indian designers are doing today with their contemporary lines.
- Well-manicured nails and groomed facial hair go a long way in setting the first impression.
- Don’t be afraid to experiment with your style, but make sure what you do suits your personality. If you are trying too hard, people will know.
- Accessorise, but don’t overdo it. Also, make sure that your leather shoes and belt match.
- Dress according to your body type as opposed to the latest fashion or trend. Just because something is ‘in’ does not mean it will work for your body type.
- Your basic wardrobe should include a well-tailored dark suit, a sports coat or a blazer, a well-cut bandhgala, a versatile bundy, a white button-down shirt, a white chikankari kurta, a cashmere sweater, a good pair of premium jeans, a pair of chinos or khakis, an elegant pair of formal lace-up shoes, a smart pair of casual loafers, and a few accessories like pocket squares, ties etc.
- Nothing is quite as stylish as a sherwani or a bandhgala for Indian occasions like festivals, and a well-cut tuxedo if you are going with a Western look.
- A pastel or light pair of chinos and a crisp white shirt works best for a casual evening out. But if you are trying to impress your date, try a smart dinner jacket with khakis and a button-down shirt.