Zoom photography has been one of the traditional weak links for smartphones. We’ve seen brands like Huawei address this over the last couple of years. OPPO launched its Reno 10X Zoom a few months ago; it marked the brand’s first major smartphone with a 10X digital zoom. The Reno 2 is the logical next step.
OPPO opts for a quad rear cam with the Reno 2 that includes a 48MP primary lens (f/1.7 aperture) and a 13MP telephoto lens. The device also features the same cool shark-fin rising selfie cam (16 MP) that we first spotted on the Reno 10X Zoom. OPPO opts for a Qualcomm Snapdragon 730G Processor that isn’t as formidable as the Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 Processor under the hood of the OPPO Reno 10X Zoom. We were impressed with the lossless zoom capabilities of the Reno 2 during our first brush with the device. The Reno 2 was one of three devices that were showcased as part of their global debut in India. OPPO also launched the Reno 2Z and the 2F.
- 6.55-inch Full HD+ display (1080 x 2400 pixels / 93.1% screen: body ratio)
- Quad rear cam: 48 MP (Sony IMX 586 sensor) + 8MP wide-angle lens + 13MP telephoto lens + 2MP Portrait lens.
- 16MP shark-fin rising camera
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 730G Processor
- 8GB RAM/ 256GB Internal Memory
- 4000 Battery