With power-packed cameras, sleeker designs and newer features, Apple’s iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus will officially be launched in India on October 7, 2016 at a starting price of Rs 60,000. According to the makers, there is a lot of improvement in terms of its battery, storage and display while the phones will be available in an array of colours such as Gold, Rose Gold, Silver and Black.
Curious about its new features? Well, then here are 8 things you need to know about the new iPhone 7 and IPhone 7 Plus.
- The iPhone 7 features a 4.7-inch display while the iPhone 7 Plus is a 5.5-inch Retina HD display (both are 3D touch). The phones are powered by the new quad-core Apple A10 Fusion processor with a 64-bit four core CPU, which means that the high performance cores will enable efficiency and a longer battery life. While a 6-core GPU ensures that the Apple phone will be about 50 percent faster than the A9 processor.
- The new iPhones are lighter and slimmer than ever with a better battery life, solely by getting rid of the 3.5 millimeter headphone jack. This means, the headphone jack is replaced by Lightening port-based connectors that plug into the phone’s charging port. This doesn’t mean you will not be able to use your old earphones. You can do that by making use of the adapter that the new devices will come with. According to Apple makers, this step has been taken so that there is more free space for other components and that Lightening serves as a better connector for the audio.
- The addition of stereo speakers at the top and the bottom of the device will drastically improve the quality of sound along with boosting the iPhone’s dynamic range, according to Apple makers.
- The iPhone 7 cameras are advanced with the inclusion of a 12 megapixel sensor, a quad-LED flash with 50 percent light output and that the users will be able to choose between a wide-angle or a telephoto lens while taking shots. The iPhone 7 Plus will allow for software tricks, making use of the focal lengths and comes with two 12MP rear cameras that allows for 2x optical zooming upto 56mm. Of course, both the phones have a 7MP FaceTime camera.
- You can take your pick from various storage variants such as 32GB, 128GB and 256GB, but with the usual ‘no expandable memory’ clause.
- The home button is now touch sensitive with a new Taptic engine which enables a better response.
- With the Retina HD display, your screen will be about 25 percent brighter and the battery life definitely extends to about two more hours.
- Both the handsets boast of being water and dust resistant with the IP67 ration.