Actress Esha Gupta talks to MW about how men should master the basics when it comes to dressing.
- To me, fashion means style that is easily accessible. Fashion is fickle, but style is timeless.
- Make it bespoke and customised. In this day and age, anything and everything in your closet can be customised.
- Wearing sneakers with a suit will never make you look cool, young, or hip—it will simply make you look like you’re trying to be cool, young, or hip, which is only a problem if you’re not.
- A cell phone is not to be seen nor heard nor brandished midmeeting to check for incoming texts.
- Focus on the basics. Mastering the basics is half the battle won. Good T-shirts, a good white shirt, nice jackets. Too many men shoot themselves in the foot by getting the basics wrong.
- Ensure your wardrobe is versatile enough: white shirts, dark blue jeans, grey sweaters, some decent jackets, a good suit. Buy them in basic colours so that they work with each other.
- Wearing a short sleeve shirt with a tie is sacrilege. If you want to look professional and confident, stick to long-sleeve shirts.
- Popular in the 1990s, fashion has now strayed far away from square shaped shoes. They’ll never come back into fashion.
- You don’t want to ruin the lines of your suit, so pack your wallet light. If it’s not essential, leave it at home.
- There is something called wearing too much cologne. Women want a whiff, not a wallop.
#actor #Basics #cologne #Esha Gupta #fashion #Fashion trends #How men can look stylish #men and women #style #Style quotient #wardrobe