That BTS is a pop culture sensation doesn’t need any explanation or justification. The group, which includes RM, Jin, Suga, J-Hope, Jimin, V, and Jungkook, currently has a fandom that has almost exceeded the popularity of Beatlemania.
Together, they have been unstoppable ever since they made their debut. Over the years, they have won many hearts with their chartbuster singles and they continue to top the music charts even now. BTS’ fans call themselves ARMY and their love for the septet cannot be described in words. BTS recently broke the internet with their electrifying performance on their song Dynamite at the Grammys.
The Bangtan boys have delivered back-to-back chart-topping singles and with help of the same, they have shattered many records and made many at the same time. If you aren’t aware of the records set and broken by BTS, then check them out right here:
- BTS has officially become the group with the most No. 1s in iTunes history.
- BTS’ Dynamite has become the fastest Korean group MV to hit 600 million views on a popular online streaming platform.
- BTS’ single Stay Gold scored No. 1 on the Billboard Digital Songs Sales Chart.
- Their album BE became the fastest-selling album in K-pop history.
- BTS owns the record for the biggest Spotify debut. Their song Your Eyes Tell earned 876,000 streams within the first few hours of release.
- They achieved yet another feat. by securing their first-ever Grammy nomination in the Best Pop Duo/Group Performance for Dynamite.
- With Map of the Soul: 7, the Bangtan boys became the only international artists to top the Japanese Oricon Music Chart.
- BTS are the first Korean artistes to debut at No. 1 on Billboard 200 music chart with their English song Dynamite.
- In 2016, their album Wings was the highest-charting K-pop record ever on the Billboard albums chart.
- BTS has the distinction of being the first K-pop group to speak at the United Nations.