Randeep Hooda Opens Up About Bollywood’s Cold Reaction To Extraction
Randeep Hooda marked his Hollywood debut with Chris Hemsworth starrer Extraction. The film clocked its one years of release recently, and the actor got to talking about the film. While the film got a lot of appreciation from the audience and Hemsworth’s peers, Hooda revealed that Bollywood had a very cold reaction to his film.
Talking to Pinkvilla, the actor said, “Well I’m quite used to it. It does happen time and again, well that’s okay. Maybe they didn’t like my acting, liked my action maybe, that’s why they didn’t speak up. But yeah there is a lot of hooplas that happens, you know, amongst people within the industry, which did not happen for this. But, hey maybe, as I said before, maybe they didn’t like my acting.” The actor essayed the role of Saju Rav, a former Para (Special Forces) Major.
Hooda went on to talk about the audience’s overwhelming response to Extraction and said, “It was as if you know I went to the Olympics, with India against Australia and America may be, and we did well. So that was the kind of response that I got from the audience. And the action of course is mind-blowing, so that was something new for me. It opened up my global audience, whether it’s the media there or the audience. On the back of this movie, it released in the pandemic ground last year at this time and still all over again we are sitting at home. So it might not be a bad idea to watch it again, I might.”
“It was going to release on OTT, because on a big screen this movie will have another kind of spectacle. So there was a plan to release it on a very brief scale in the cinemas, but it was always going to reach people through OTT. So this was a no-brainer,” the actor concluded. Extraction released on April 24 last year, and was backed by Russo Brothers’ production banner.